Interested in Coleman Roadtrip LXE propane grill? Some barbeque lovers will not buy a grill if it does not carry the Coleman name.
If you are one among them, you will love the Coleman Roadtrip LXE propane grill that retails now at a great price on Amazon.com.
See Coleman RoadTrip LXE Portable Propane Grill
Coleman Roadtrip LXE propane grill
Coleman Roadtrip LXE uses two burners and will give you about 285 square inches of cooking space. Unlike most other portable grills that produce power less than 10,000 BTU’s per hour, this powerful Coleman grill is capable of putting out a very impressive 20,000 BTU’s per hour. It uses propane as fuel.
Coleman Roadtrip LXE propane grill it is designed specifically for a road trip as it has a very compact design. However, do not let its compactness fool you as it is a pretty mean grill with which you can put out some great meals. Here are some the most important highlights for the Coleman Roadtrip LXE propane grill.
Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill Review
Coleman Roadtrip LXE Compactness
The whole grill is foldable and it comes complete with an easy to pull handle and also a set of wheels that will allow you to set it up in minutes and store it away in minutes as well. The grill and the stand weight in at 44 lbs although the weight can be easily moved around on the good set of wheels that are included.
Powerful performance in a small package – Though small in size, this grill will give you a very large 285 square inches of cooking space which should be large enough for you to cook for a group of about 10 people.
Coleman Roadtrip LXE Open flame cooking
A real grill will let the flame lick the meat and this is exactly what this Coleman model does. A hardcore barbeque cook will always tell you that open flame grills are just simply better than fancy, indirect heat grates which will dilute the taste of barbeque cooking.
Interchangeable cooking surfaces – One will have the option to switch the cooking area from a grill to a griddle or even a stove for that matter. The grill is included as standard equipment although the griddle and stove tops are optional and you will have to buy them separately.
Coleman Roadtrip LXE Fuel efficiency
Even if you are using the tiny 16.4 ounce propane container, you will get about 5 hours of cooking on low heat. If you cook at the highest heat, you will still get a very impressive 1.1 hour cooking time from this Coleman model.
Extra features – The Road Trip Grill LXE comes with removable grease management trays, tool holders and side tables that can easily be assembled or disassembled according to preference. The grill will come with two grill grates and will also include a very impressive 5 year warranty that will allow you to buy with peace.
How to Clean a Gas Grill
Either is a Coleman Roadtrip LXE propane grill or another, make sure that you follow the owner’s manual when using this setting as you do not want to leave the clean setting for too long as it can burn off the paint. Once the clean function has burnt off the grease and residue, you will have to finish off the cleaning with the following manual steps.
- Remove the grates from the grill and use a store bought grill cleaner to spray down the grates evenly. Allow the spray to soak in for about 5-10 minutes before you move on to the next step mentioned below.
- Use a wire brush to clean the grates. In most cases, your grill will come with a small cleaning kit that will include this wire brush. If not, you can purchase one for a really cheap price or even maybe use a hard bristle toothbrush.
- You will also need to remove the burner covers and clean the opening with the same wire brush. This will ensure that your burners work evenly which will in turn increase the fuel efficiency of the grill.
- Next, you will need to pull out the burners and scrape off the debris. Be careful not to apply too much pressure as you only want to scrape off the layer of debris that might be sticking on to it.
- Next, use a sharp toothpick to clean out the many burner holes that you will find in the gas grill. This will also ensure increased fuel efficiency and more efficient and even cooking.
- Lastly, you will also want to use a wet/dry vacuum to suck out all the debris on the floor of the grill. Skipping out on this step will mean that your barbeque taste will be compromised by debris that burns when you cook fresh food.